Monday, July 28, 2008

SDCC08: updates for Friday entries

I have updated the Keith Giffen panel and the Mattel toy announcement post, and added an entry for the "That 70s Comics" panel. The Mike Grell and Geoff Johns posts were already updated a couple days ago, if you haven't read them. What was originally there was a quick blurb posted from my cell phone from the panel.

I didn't attend the Gays in Legion Fandom panel, but here's a report from exnihil (who comments here from time to time), which also covers his take on the Grell and Johns panels.

There was nothing of Legion importance at the Final Crisis Management panel. George Perez wants to draw everyone who was ever a Legionnaire, and the lightning rod last seen at the end of Lightning Saga is kind of important.

Geez, I'm just barely finished with Friday and it's Sunday night already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, Michael, I'm sorry to see you didn't make it to our LGBT Legion fandom panel. I was looking forward to seeing what you thought of it.

I'm one of the "unknown fans" to which exnihil refers in his account of the panel, but I hope I'm not entirely unknown: back in 2002, I wrote a critique of how mainstream comics treat same-sex superhero couples that included discussions of the Violet/Ayla and Jan/Shvaughn/Sean relationships from the Giffbaum era. If anyone's interested, you can read that critique here: http://www.sequentialtart.com/archive/apr02/art_0402_4.shtml