Friday, May 15, 2009

New action figures available today

Don't forget that you can order the new JLU Legion action figures starting today at the Mattel website. With shipping, it comes to $38.70, which is actually cheaper than the DC Direct figures (typically $15 each).


This is a great story from Augiewan:
From what I’ve been able to tell from listening to the “comic geeks” at the local comic shop, you either really like the Legion of Super Heroes, or you couldn’t care less. Crazy super-powered kids from the future saving the galaxy and messing with Superman’s time line. My 13 year old daughter happens to be in the “really likes” category, in fact she’s obsessed with them. She’s been gobbling up every back-issue she can get her mitts on and can talk Legion history with the older guys (the majority of Legion fans would be men in the 40’s and 50’s).

She’s known about the 4 exclusive JLU-style Legion figures (Saturn Girl, Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad and Braniac 5) coming out on MattyCollector.com for some time now and has been reminding me often that I’ll need to be online on May 15th to order them as soon as they go on sale.

What cracked me up this morning (May 15th) is that I woke up to a house filled with reminder notes that she has placed about before heading off to school. On my night stand, on the refrigerator, by the coffee pot, on my computer desk… Pretty much anywhere she knew I’d be today.

Go here to read more.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you confirm whether there will be a 4 pack in retail stores or can we only get these figs on individual cards at the matty collector site?

Michael said...

All I know is what I read on their site. They have singles, 3-packs, and 6-packs at Target, but this particular 4-pack (which appears to be a box with 4 single carded figures) appears to be available only online.

Tom Galloway said...

My understanding is that this is part of a series of online only figures, such as the previously offered DC Universe Starfire and Adam Strange pack. The only place offline I can think that you might possibly be able to buy them would be Mattel's booth at San Diego, and that's pure supposition on my part.

Anonymous said...

but I have seen Adam Strange in retail stores sold seperately and Starfire is in another 3 pack.

Anonymous said...

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3136646&CAWELAID=278029567

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3145331

Anonymous said...

Thing is I would prefer an actual 4 pack and I will feel like a chump if I pay almost $40 and then see it in toys r us for $15 next week.

Michael said...

The MattyCollector Facebook page showing the Legion figures says "This all new 4 pack of JLU figures is only available on MattyCollector.com".

Adam said...

Anonymous, the exclusive Adam Strange and Starfire 2-pack are of the larger 5"-7" DC Universe. The links you posted are for the smaller G.I. Joe-sized Infinite Heroes line versions. There's a huge difference.