Sunday, May 20, 2007

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy Legionnaires

Inspired by this "Comics Should Be Good" post recently, here's an "intellectual exercise" for you. They call it the "Quick Brown Fox Challenge", named after the phrase "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" which contains all 26 letters of the alphabet (which is a "pangram").

My challenge: create a pangram using only Legion-related names of people. No places or objects. Code names are allowed as are "secret identity" names as long as you use the whole name (so "Reep" is not allowed, but "Reep Daggle" is). I suspect I'll be pretty lenient.

Here's an example that uses 46 letters (spaces and punctuation don't count):
Quislet, Mxyzptlk, Shvaughn Erin, Celebrand, Flynt Brojj

Can you come up with an example with fewer than 46?

3 comments:

Matthew E said...

I'm sure this can be improved upon, but here's mine for 43:

Queen Projectra
Zymyr
XS
Wildfire
Blok
Ivy
NRG
Echo

exnihil said...

Down to 37:

Kajz Dox
Quislet
Myg
Wave
Cub Nah
Spark
Ferro

Michael said...

Nice! I will admit I had no idea who Kajz Dox was, so I looked him up - it's Brainac 5's father.

What I found startling on that page is that in recapping Brainy's history and origin is that Vril Dox was named back in ADV 335 (8/65) as the ancestor who freed Colu from the computer tyrants. Someone with a good memory (probably Mark Waid) remembered that and that's where the L.E.G.I.O.N.'s Vril Dox came from.