So I picked a bad time to take a small break, huh? Three new Legion books (LSH v6 #1, Brave and Bold v3 #34, Adventure Comics v3 #12) in three weeks. Hot damn!
For those of you who were wondering, the Legion roster in Adventure Comics #12 places the story chronologically right after Superboy joined and before Ultra Boy. Supergirl (in original continuity) had just been inducted along with Brainiac 5 prior to Superboy's joining. The Outhousers point out some continuity errors (which are now called "chronicler's errors" by Levitz): Saturn Girl shouldn't be described as an orphan, and flight rings weren't used until Adventure 325. Also, Imra's not married to Garth at this point (her caption says "Ardeen-Ranzz"), and RJ Brande shouldn't be said to be from Durla, which was not known at this point in Legion history.
Also out this past week: X-Men Forever Giant Size #1. Huh? It's got Mike Grell, in a rare Marvel book, drawing the Dave Cockrum-era Imperial Guard.
- First up: news from Heroes Con in Charlotte this weekend:
Via Newsarama:Not sure what the "just one Legion book" thing is about, Levitz is writing two (or rather, one and a half, the Legion book and the lead in Adventure).
Is there a chance for a Legion ring promotion? Yes, we may get a Legion flight ring in the near future.
Are there any plans for more back up co-features? Yes, Two-Face will start in Streets of Gotham and The Atom in Adventure Comics.
Also they are trying to just keep it to one Legion book for right now.
Why couldn't we keep anything from World of New Krypton? Sattler replied that Mon-El was always going back. Nightwing and Flamebird on the other hand, we might have not have seen the last of. "Just because they're off camera doesn't mean they're gone."
- Reviews of Adventure Comics v3 #12 from Legion Abstract, Arisverse, Comics Bulletin, Comixtreme, the Outhousers, IGN, ComicVine
- Reviews of Brave and Bold #34 from True Believer Reviews, Paradox, Mania
- Reviews of LSH v6 #1 from the Q Review, Diamond Galleries Scoop, Hero Press, Giggaheim, IGN, Broken Frontier, Fist Full of Comics, Comic Book Revolution, Comic Related
- LSH v6 #1 has sold out and will be reprinted with a new cover.
LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #1, the debut issue of the new ongoing series from writer Paul Levitz and artist Yildaray Cinar, has sold out at DC comics and will return in a new, second printing. LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #1 Second Printing (APR108152) features a sketch version of the variant cover by Jim Lee. This issue is scheduled to arrive in stores on June 23 and has a Final Order Cutoff date of June 3.
More info here.
- Blog Into Mystery reviews Tales of the LSH Annual 5, the last part of the Darkness curse.
- The Legion of Substitute Podcasters #86 interviews Paul Levitz and they talk about LSH v6 #1.
- Superman Fan Podcast #128 reviews the whole World of New Krypton story arc.
- Secret Identity Podcast #239 covers LSH #1, among other issues.
- Legion Showcase volume 4 comes out in September:
In this volume, the Legion battles Mordru the Merciless and The Fatal Five and meets The Tornado Twins. Collecting ADVENTURE COMICS #369-380, ACTION COMICS #378-387, 389-392 and SUPERBOY #172, 173, 176, 183, 184, 188, 190 and 191.