Monday, January 09, 2006

Animated Legion news part 3

New tidbits about the animated Legion, three from the upcoming Justice League Unlimited episode and one from the standalone series that's in some sort of production (pilot? series? we'll know soon enough!).


  • Comics Continuum reports on Jan. 8th that the JLU episode was written by Paul Dini (which we knew), from an outline by Dwayne McDuffie. This is Dini's only episode of the season.
    The episode is titled "Far From Home." In the story, Supergirl is kidnapped to the 31st century for what the history books say was her last adventure. The Fatal Five appear, as do more than 20 Legionaires.

  • Comics Continuum then reported on Jan. 9th about the voice of Bouncing Boy in the JLU episode:
    Googy Gress is providing the voice of Bouncing Boy in "Far From Home," an upcoming episode of Cartoon Network's Justice League Unlimited that will feature Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes.

    Bouncing Boy will have one of the larger roles among the 20 or so Legion members featured in the episode, which was written by Paul Dini.

  • We already knew that Brainiac 5 also appears in the episode (via Legion Clubhouse).


In a new development, this blog has found someone who auditioned for a character's voice in the Legion series.

  • In a comment in his Jan. 3rd post, Shawn (last name not given) says:
    the audition went ok. i wasn't as sharp as i wanted to be. One of the things I auditioned for was an animated WB series Legion of Super Heroes. i think that show is gonna be hot. the show is centered around a teenage Superman (Superboy on the show) and his super power friends.

  • On Monday, Shawn posted that he did well enough to get a callback this coming Wednesday Jan. 11th.
    It Looks Like the audition for Legion of Super Heroes was better than I realized. I have a callback this wednesday.

    My agent was kind enough to send me a copy of my audition so I can remember what the crap I did. Here's a little snippet:

    Haha! I am coming down off my high and I'm realy analyzing what I did. After listening to my auditin again, I can't believe I said "legend" instead of "legion." That's a big faux pas. I'll have to make sure that doesn't happen again.

  • The sound snippet (available only on his Jan. 9th post) is a great voice. He says:
    "There are three things you need to know about me. One, I'm not a pet. Two, yes, these claws are real. Three, I hear one single flea joke and I'll refer you back to item number two. Now, if you want to be in the Legend [sic], you gotta get through me. So let's see what you got! Bring it."

    The only one I can think of with claws is Gates, who might be considered to resemble a flea I guess. Shawn says he's auditioning for the role of Timber Wolf, who apparently has some sort of Wolverine-like claws.

More from Shawn if I get anything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"There are three things you need to know about me. One, I'm not a pet. Two, yes, these claws are real. Three, I hear one single flea joke and I'll refer you back to item number two. Now, if you want to be in the Legend [sic], you gotta get through me. So let's see what you got! Bring it."

That sounds to me more like a furry, physically-oriented, kinda feral tough guy character rather than an insectoid-type character like Gates.

Maybe the Furball incarnation of Timber Wolf?

Shawn said...

Hey Michael, just got your comment. I am auditioning for Timberwolf. Unfortunately, I don't have any other news than that that I can report to you about the Legend...I mean Legion of Super Heroes...hehehe!!!