I've let this go so long I'm going to have to spread this over 2 posts:
- CBR's Comic Book Legends Revealed reveals this:
COMIC LEGEND: Mike Grell tried to introduce a black character into the pages of Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes, but saw his efforts literally whitewashed away. STATUS: True
It's really the story of Dvron, which you might not have heard before. The next week we heard about
COMIC LEGEND: Keith Giffen and Tom and Mary Bierbaum had a character switch genders in the Legion of Super-Heroes to have a character they felt was gay be with a man. STATUS: True
Of course, it's the story of Element Lad and Shvaughn/Sean Erin (with over 180 comments afterwards).
- Action Figure Blues and Superhero Times review the four Legion figures that recently came out in the Justice League Unlimited series.
- Caperaway lists their top 10 Legion stories. This is a good topic for another day here.
- Scans Daily: LSH v3 #38 (Death of Superboy), Computo and the death of Triplicate Girl ("So much wrong, so little I can post. But I'll do my best. So, today my thesis is the Legion are fucking idiots. Here is evidence. Finally looking at the famous first Computo story, I have to say: I never realized just how stupid the Legion were. And how heartless. And how flip they were with the issue of death and mutilation."), and the 80s look at how Luornu has dealt with that trauma from the Legion Annual.
- Don noticed something interesting in a recent issue of JLA about the Sun-Eater.
- It didn't cross my mind at the time, but this tribute at the time of Ed McMahon's death concentrates on the infamous "Challenge of the Super-Heroes" and "Roast of the Super-Heroes" shows from the late 1970s. Ed was host of the Roast. Mordru was in both shows.
- Comic Book Noise continues its look at Robinson's Starman series. In this podcast episode, they discuss the 30th century's Starman.
- Photon Torpedos looks back at some Alan Davis covers from the mid 1990s.
- Speaking of podcasts, the Legion of Substitute Podcasters #39 discusses the last part of the "An Eye for an Eye" TPB.
- The Howling Curmudgeous determine who the worst pre-Crisis Legionnaire was.
- The Tearoom of Despair has a long essay on the ups and downs of being a Legion reader.
- Major Spoilers shows us a number of drawings by Gene Gonzales of Legionnaires.
- They're remaking the movie "The Karate Kid", but because of naming rights that DC holds, the new title will be "The Kung Fu Kid".