Friday, January 16, 2009

Legion torrents and flight rings

Not surprisingly, my normal daily hit count tripled yesterday after the Legion episode of "Smallville" aired.

What was surprising, though, was the number of queries for flight rings. Sadly, there are none on ebay at the moment, though the first wave of Legion action figures from DC Direct in 2001 each came with a plastic flight ring. Chris at Atlas Comics might have some, but the official ones are hard to come by. Here's a closer look at my ring.

A number of people are also looking for torrents (keywords S08E11 or 8x11) to download the show: you can find a standard def version (350 MB) and a high-def version (720p, 1.09 GB) at these and other places.

3 comments:

Terence Chua said...

Mine! *smug*

Garth Ranzz said...

Here are a couple of closeups from the show of the flight ring. Compare it to your own (like I've done mine) and you'll see it's a totally new version.

After Clark is handed the ring

Clark contemplating the ring as Lana walks out. Notice the camerman's (director's?) reflection in the ring.

calorie queen said...

Hey, this post is a little dated, but do you really thing that Legion flight rings are a commodity?

After that Smallville episode aired, I showed mine to my roommate and she scoffed. But I got the impression that it might be worth something...

My ring is the same as yours. It does NOT enable the user to fly--but it's pretty slick.

I suppose that my question is:

Should I sell now? Or should I hold onto this ring that's way too big for my fingers?