Wednesday, August 05, 2026

Legion continuity flowchart v2

Can't tell Legion continuity without a scorecard? Well, here's your scorecard. What do you mean they have a complicated history? Just follow the flowchart!

Last fall, I posted a graphic showing the Legion's continuity as a "choose your own adventure" flowchart. Since then, we have added one new mainstream version of the team (coming next month in volume 9!) and seen all the others locked up in Brainiac 1M's timeline bottle repository. So I figure it's time for an update. This new image is updated through the recent Superman Annual 2026 Year One Thousand. The Legions seen in Brainiac 1M's bottles are shown in orange.



1 comment:

Luis Olavo Dantas said...

As it happens, I do have a few questions and doubts.

I am still unsure of how Convergence relates to Rebirth.
According to the 2008-2009 five-issue series "Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds", the Threeboot Legion actually exists (and presumably always did) in the Earth-Prime Universe - the same one where Superboy-Prime came from, and also the homeworld of the several DC staff members in stories published in 1968 and 1975. Also Ultraa's homeworld in pre-Crisis continuity. To the best of my knowledge it was recreated in 2009 and the Threeboot Legion still exists there. I assume that the current stance is that this world exists and is still Superboy-Prime's world of origin, where he may well return to in soon, but we are not very likely to reference the Threeboot Legion any time soon.
Has it been established whether Flashpoint affected the Legion at all? It may well be that vol 6 and Vol 7 cover the same Legion.
In 2014-2016 there was a "Justice League 3000/3001" book being published. I do not particularly want that book to be in continuity (or even remembered at all) and it apparently existed in its own continuity pocket (treated as an alternate future, I think), but it had quite a few appearances of Takron-Galtos and five of Lady Styx's "Legion of Death", an evil version of traditional members of the LSH and therefore a precursor of sorts to Darkseid's Legion. I don't think it was ever referenced after 2016.