In which I act like a real journalist by asking questions... the question being, is the animated Legion show coming back? In the past two years, this time of year the cast and crew were deep into recording and animation. This year? Silence. So I asked around.
- Michael Cornacchia, voice of Bouncing Boy, via email: "I haven't heard anything."
- A top production person, who asked not to be named publicly, also via email: "As for a third Legion season, I haven't heard of one yet (but I'm not always in the loop on these decisions)."
- A Warner Bros. Animation [WBA] person who also asked not to be named publicly, also via email: "Don't hold your breath. Unofficially, what you're watching are the last of the Legion episodes. There's a new Batman series in the works, but other than that the only DC Universe stuff they're working on is for movies."
- Steve Hulett of The Animation Guild: "I think you can forget WBA doing shows for KWB [KidsWB!]. Time-Warner isn't happy with the margins and so sloughed it off. Word I get is that the animation division, for the moment, will be focusing on direct-to-video features."
- Mark Keefer, post-production sound guy: "All I know is that it hasn't been picked up at this point. We could get an order for 13 more, but usually the last people to know about such things are the ones that actually work on the show."
I wonder if it'll ever be cancelled, or just not picked up. I guess we'll know when they release the fall schedule at the upfronts next month. Remember, WB outsourced their Saturday morning block to 4Kids, so it's likely that the other KidsWB shows like Tom & Jerry and Scooby Doo are toast as well.