Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Couple Other Things

Newsarama has a preview of "Superman" #686 (out this week), starring Mon-El.

Following the startling events of "New Krypton" and the shocking occurrence in the Phantom Zone, Earth finds itself without its greatest protector! Luckily, Metropolis still has a few heroes, like Mon-El and the Guardian. But after years of knowing nothing but the solitude of the Phantom Zone, how will Mon-El acclimate himself to society? And the recently returned Guardian has his hands full with his new position in the Science Police. How can they fill Superman's shoes? They'd better figure it out fast, because dangerous mysteries abound which will carry all the way into 2010! The highly acclaimed writer-artist team of James Robinson and Renato Guedes continue their run on SUPERMAN with or without The Man of Steel!

Also, Murray sent me something last week which I forgot about in my inbox. This item from a Geoff Johns interview on Blackest Night:
NRAMA: In Adventure Comics #0, Scar says something about Superboy. Are we going to see that in Blackest Night?

GJ: If you want to follow that, you should read Legion of 3 Worlds #4. And then Adventure Comics #1.

NRAMA: Does Lex Luthor play into that? Because Lex Luthor was going to play a part in Legion of 3 Worlds, right?

GJ: No, you saw a scene where the Legionaires went back in time in the last issue and got a strand of his hair. But that's it.

Well, Luthor did appear in this ad from last summer (to the right of the Time Trapper):

8 comments:

Matthew E said...

I still haven't quite let go of my theory that Luthor is the Time Trapper, although it's starting to look like that's not the way DC's going with it.

you should read Legion of 3 Worlds #4. And then Adventure Comics #1.

Well, Geoff, I think I speak for all Legion fans when I say that I'd love to. So why am I not reading it? Because it's been pushed back more than six months, that's why!

Murray said...

Six months? Really?? Wow! Where did you hear this? I haven't seen that posted anywhere - but it's not like I"m surprised at all. Geeze what a shame!
You gotta wonder, sometimes, what's going on in DC's scheduling department when things like this keep happening and happening.

Michael said...

No, he means six months from when it was originally supposed to come out, not an additional six months.

From what I hear, the problem is on George Perez's end, for whatever reason he's been late with the pencils.

Matthew E said...

But, fortunately, I don't mind waiting, because in the meantime I can read DC's two ongoing Legion series.

Oh, wait: no I can't!

Mike A. said...

The delays have me concerned for George Perez's health. Johns had, at least, the first two issues of Lo3W written as far back as SDCC last July. He definitely had the series completely plotted because they (DC) knew what was supposed to happen at the end. George has had (supposedly) a script for months, so I'm concerned that he's not getting the work out because he's not physically able.

Murray said...

Oh OK. I get the six month comment now. Although, really, I'm not going to be surprised if we don't see Adventure Comics before December.

All of which kinda points to the dumb decision to end 3 boot Legion in the way that they did.

Yes, I get that it wasn't selling well... but now it's not selling at all. The money that I used to spend on Legion isn't going to another comic... it's just money that's lost to DC.

Jim Drew said...

Current release dates are Lo3W #4 on May 13, and #5 on June 24.

Matthew E said...

Anybody want to put some odds on whether the June 24th date will be met?