Well the programming schedule for the first two days (Thursday and Friday) at the Comic Con International: San Diego is out, and the Legion is well-represented.
The main event is on Friday at 4pm. Check this one out:
4:00-5:00 Bruce Timm Retrospective/Legion of Super Heroes— Warner Bros. Animation president Sander Schwartz introduces a retrospective on the creativity of animation legend Bruce Timm (Batman Beyond, Superman: The Animated Series). Bruce will talk about his 20-year career, screen selected scenes from his body of work, and take part in a Q&A. Immediately following the Timm retrospective, Warner Bros. Animation presents a sneak peek at Legion of Super Heroes, a new Superman-themed half-hour adventure series inspired by the DC Comics series and set to air Saturdays this fall at 11:00 AM ET/PT in the Kids’ WB! programming block on the new CW. Producers Linda M. Steiner (Teen Titans) and James Tucker (Justice League Unlimited), story editor Rob Hoegee (Teen Titans), and others from the show’s creative team will join several of the Legion cast members, including Yuri Lowenthal (voice of Superman), Andy Milder (Lightning Lad), Shawn Harrison (Timber Wolf), and Michael Cornaccia (Bouncing Boy) for a Q&A session and debut of scenes from the upcoming show. Room 20
Ironically, Timm isn't involved at all in this show.
Notice that Yuri Lowenthal is listed as playing Superman now, and Timber Wolf's voice actor finally has a last name.
Other Legion panels of interest:
- 11:30-12:30 DC Nation
- 1:00-2:30 Mattel Action Figures— What’s the latest with Mattel’s action figure lines? Mattel toy makers sit down to give fans the inside scoop on Naruto and Avatar as well as its DC Heroes, The Batman, Justice League Unlimited, and Superman Returns toy lines. [Note: Mattel will reportedly be doing figures based on the Legion's appearance in the "Far From Home" episode of JLU]
- 4:30-6:00 Spotlight on George Pérez - [maybe he'll say once again how he wants to draw the Legion!]
- 6:00-7:00 Scoring For Superheroes— Join award-winning composers Kristopher Carter, Michael McCuistion, and Lolita Ritmanis (Teen Titans, Justice League Unlimited) for a rare behind-the-scenes look at music scoring for animation. [Not sure yet, but I think it's likely that these guys might be doing the Legion's score since they've done the rest of the DC Animated Universe's music.]
- 12:30-1:30 Hey, Kids! Blogs About Comics!
- 1:00-2:00 Spotlight on Jim Mooney [Jim drew the Legion for a number of years, plus he's one of the Silver Age greats on Supergirl]
- 1:00-2:00 Warner Home Video's Superman Through The Ages— Featuring special guests from the film and television incarnations of Superman, including a special reunion with surprise guests and extended exclusive footage for Superman II—The Richard Donner Cut. Q&A with Marc McClure, Jack O'Halloran, Tom Mankiewicz (creative consultant), Michael Thau (editor in charge of the SII reconstruction), and more. Also in attendance super-secret special guests from the Adventures of Superman, Lois and Clark, Smallville, Superman The Animated Series, and Superman Returns! Room 20 [One of the special guests is likely to be Yuri Lowenthal, the young Superman of the Legion cartoon, since he's speaking later that afternoon]
- 4:00-5:00 Bruce Timm Retrospective/Legion of Super Heroes
- 6:00-7:00 DC: 52: A Year in the Life of the DCU [Mark Waid will be on this panel.]