Woww, it's been slow with no new Legion book. Hurry up, Adventure Comics!
- Writer James Gunn asked on his Facebook page and on Twitter, "Which Super-Hero would you want to sleep with?" Yes, we are all still 14. No Legionnaires made the list (except for Supergirl), but L2 Violet and Triplicate Girl made the comments. Mildly NSFW for language and pictures of scantily clad super-heroines that you can see in comics anyway.
- Matthew at the Legion Abstract gives odds on what the fate of Superboy-Prime will be at the end of "Legion of 3 Worlds".
- Travis aka Tpull starts a series at FilmFodder on "Deconstructing/Reconstructing the Legion".
- I'm way behind in all my books, but apparently there's something cooking with Booster Gold and the Legion. From a May 23rd interview with Dan Jurgens at Newsarama:
BLOG@: The message boards over at Newsarama were already buzzing when they saw your preview pages—Proty and Ivo? Will the Legion of Super-Pets be somehow involved with the much-ballyhooed story of Brainiac 5 coming after Booster’s ring?
DJ: Could be! There is a definite plan for the Legion story, what we will deal with, etc. We’re simply waiting for the right time to plug it in.
The latest Gold Exchange update from Newsarama:
BLOG@: ...Well, inside the lab we have a solitary blackboard note this month. Superman 2965? Is that going to tie into the upcoming story with the Legion of Super-Heroes?
- The newest version of Daily Scans has this sequence from the SW6 tryout featuring Cera Kesh, Plaid Lad, and the Emerald Empress.
Then there's this recap of the Great Darkness Saga. For those who read it as it came out monthly, without the internet to spoil things, it was amazing. All you knew of what was going to happen came from the "next issue" blurb on the letters page or the last page of the story. Nobody knew who the villain was; Darkseid hadn't been seen for years. Best Story Ever.
Next, some pages from the storyline including L3 Lightning Lad and Starman, stuff that didn't make it into either the Lightning Saga or the Superman & The Legion reprint books.
Some pages from LSH v2 #259, where Superboy leaves the Legion for good (not counting the time he left because for tax purposes they could only have 25 members).
Lastly, "one perfect moment" where Saturn Girl totally pwns Universo, at the end of the Universo Project storyline.
- The Gay League reviews the history of Lightning Lass with Violet, and Element Lad & Shvaughn Erin.
- Until we get the Season 2 DVD, here's a link to a torrent file to download the entire season 1 and 2 episodes of the Legion animated show.
- DCAUYojimbo put together the Legion series entry for the DCAU Resource, with info on everyone, everything, and everywhere that appeared in the Legion animated show.
- Brendan McCarthy posted about a rejected pitch he had for DC, which would have starred Jimmy Olsen and Saturn Girl as immune to a "terrible reverse-Bizarro plague", called Delinquent Jimmy Olsen.
- Finally, via MTV's Splash Page, actor Danny McBride ("Land of the Lost", "Tropic Thunder") wants to make a movie that adapts the Ait/Planet Lar comic book “Hench,” about the sad life of a supervillain’s henchman.
Asked whether Warner Brothers’ association with the film would mean we’ll see some familiar characters from the DC Comics universe, McBride said the audience will “see a lot of the superheroes,” but later added, “once we write this filthy dirty script, probably no one’s going to want to be involved with it.”
Pushed to offer the one character he’d want more than any other in the film, McBride suggested a DC character who could pull off his own arms and use them as weapons — a suggestion that we admit being a bit mystified about. Was he talking about Arm Fall Off Boy from the Legion of Superheroes? Calling all DC geeks!