Thursday, April 13, 2006

Déjà Vu 3: Fade to White

This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but with a flash of white. It's become a Legion tradition of sorts.

So long, Mon-el and the post-Crisis pre-Mordruverse Legion.



So long, Rokk, Garth, Imra, and RJ of the post-Mordruverse pre-Zero Hour Legion.


So long, Titans and Legion in a story that was retconned by the end of the second issue into an event that never happened.


So long, post-Zero Hour pre-Infinite Crisis Legion.


These pictures are from the great article at Adlo! Novelti Librari. It's in Spanish, so I recommend a translator like Google or Babelfish. You can get a good idea of what the article is about even via a machine translation.

Previously:
Déjà Vu 1: Kitson's covers
Déjà Vu 2: Nine Worlds Ice Cream Parlor

1 comment:

Jeremy Rizza said...

After buying a dozen or so Legion of Super-Hero comics before, I got into the series in earnest with the start of the Giffin/Bierbaum years. And their continuity-rich text pages spurred me to pick up the Silver Age comics. So with the Zero Hour continuity wipeout, my Legion of Super-Heroes experience was like a circus clown handing me a balloon animal and then punching me in the nads. Seeing the pre-Waid/Kitson Legion get shuffled off to comics limbo was nearly as gut-wrenching for me, since I'd seen the previews of the new series and I kind of hated it. (Still do. I've read tons of reviews and plot synopses and even more preview pages and it interests me not a whit. Plus I think it's ugly. Ugly costumes, ugly artwork. But I guess that's just me. Oh well!) Anyway, I just wanted to say that you've brought up a lot of emotions for me right now. *sniffles, then rubs tears from eyes while a huge gob of snot dangles from one nostril*