Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Bedard new co-writer on "Legion" (for a little while)

Tony Bedard (Marvel's Exiles) posts in his ComicBloc forum that he'll be co-writing the Legion with Mark Waid for a little while.

I think the solicitations have come out on this already, but I'm helping out on Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes for a few issues, starting with issue #20. And I'm terribly excited about this for a number of reasons.

First of all, I've always had a weird love for the Legion. Some of the earliest comics I saw were Legion books, back before I really started reading comics regularly, and I always had an affinity for Mon-El (or ANY character with puffy sleeves), Timberwolf, and Wildfire.
[snip]
Anyhow, there may be no Mon-El or Wildfire these days, but Legion has long been one of my dream assignments, and for at least two or three months I'll be living the dream.

In another thread, he explains why he's helping out on the writing - to nobody's surprise, it has something to do with Waid's more high-profile gig, 52.
Mark's got a very full plate these days, especially with 52, so I was asked to help keep LEGION on schedule by co-writing a few issues. Mark and I have worked like that before and it's a good fit, so this has been a real treat for me. We co-plot the issues in conference calls, then I write up a full script based on those. LEGION's always been one of my favorite DC properties, so I'm giddy at this opportunity.

No comments: