Thursday, June 01, 2006

Legion of Simpson-Heroes

Try to imagine Homer Simpson as Lightning Lad, Professor Frink as Brainiac 5, and Bart Simpson as Superboy. Can't do it? How about Comic Book Guy as Bouncing Boy, Milhouse as Mon-el, and Bleeding Gums Murphy as Tyroc? Well now you don't have to imagine it, you can see it for yourself.

Currently making the rounds via email among Legion fandom... I present the Legion of Simpson-Heroes (which I found today via Matthew's Legion Abstract).

One of my co-workers, a guy by the name of Randy, strolled into the office this morning with a cardboard box under his arm. He handed it to me and asked if I recognized them. I did. Immediately. I pulled each one out and explained who they were. Eyes glazed over. Men groaned. Women looked disgusted. I geeked out. (The whole story about how they came to exist is below the pictures.) So, without further ado, Monkey Spit proudly presents: The Legion of Simpsons Heroes!

Here's a preview (click to visit the site and see closeups of each):

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine over at Legion World (Wayne, or Star Boy) has done renditions of both The Simpsons and the Southpark gang as Legionnaires over the last three to four years.