Friday, September 15, 2006

52: Eye See You

So as it was pointed out to me, I have neglected to mention the latest 52 rumors and appearances.

A big green eyeball makes an appearance in issue 19. Lobo has it in a box. If it's still in continuity, I believe Lobo was around during the L.E.G.I.O.N. days when Garryn and Marij'n Bek had their own set of Eyes, and if not, he must have at least heard of the Eyes.

There are also those who think that Supernova just might be Mon-el. Tom Foss thought so back in June. In another installment of "crazy theory theater" recently, Tom tries to tie together Mon-el, the Dominators, and the cover of LSH #24 in which we see someone dressed an awful lot like Mon-el. And don't forget that Mark Waid said in Baltimore that there's an "extraordinarily good chance" we'd see him even before we expected. Wonder Girl thinks it's Kon-el, but "Kon" is just two letters down the alphabet from "Mon".

Where's this going? I dunno. There are as many theories right now as issues published, so who knows. All I know is that something is going on.

No comments: