Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Talk Like a Pirate Day! Aaarrrr!

I can't believe I missed "International Talk Like a Pirate Day" yesterday (Tuesday). I was already prepared for my Legion tie-in:



Good ol' Captain Frake. Too bad this was her only storyline, and I believe she's the only space pirate the Legion ever met.

Apparently by the 30th century, pirate-speak will have died out. Had this scene taken place in the early 21st century, it would have sounded something like this:
"No, gar! You're one o' me space pirates now -- and I order yo t' destroy the cursed Legion, and send 'em to Davy Jones' locker! Yaarrrr!"

2 comments:

Matthew E said...

Well, the current series had the memorable Element Lad "I hate pirates" scene.

Anonymous said...

There were those Sklarian Raiders/Pirates. Kono's mother was apparently a member of them preboot and I can't remember what their deal was post-ZH.